Thursday, August 18, 2011

Geeking over Glasses; Revenge of the Nerds

Are the glasses that people feared to be sentenced to in the 80s and 90s the hottest fashion in 2011 eye wear?

Today I had my annual eye doctor appointment. Not only was I there to check the health of my eyes, but I also was in desperate need for a new pair of glasses. 
When I first discovered the curse of my poor eye sight, I was in 3rd grade. It was a tragic time because I was doomed to wear glasses, the most embarrassing thing to wear in the 90s. Until I was finally old enough to handle contacts, I spent my glasses era wearing the most invisible frames I could find.

However, when I went in today (year 2011) I was on a hunt for the BiGGEST, darkest, most obnoxious pair of glasses I could find. When I went in i had this in mind
This is Kelly Bensimon from Real Housewives of New York City. And I wanted glasses just like that.

Now, how is it that the style of glasses that was once so feared is now the hit lens nation wide? When you  type into google "Trendy Glasses 2011" the first link brings you to this...
http://www.eyewearbrands.com/designer%20glasses

Geek Chic is what its called. And its all the rage in eye wear.


So if you're on the hunt for new glasses, Geek Chic is in. Dior, Prada, Ray Bans all name brands that are apart of designing these glasses. 
The large frames add character to your face while also giving room to let your eyes shine through. No longer will nerds be frowned upon for the curse of poor vision. They were right all along (what a shocker, they're smart).
 They only problem I see with them is... what do you do when you need to dress cocktail attire? 

Regardless though, if you want to look "trendy" and "artsy" and "modern" these are obviously the way to go. However, if you're going to wear these you need to make sure you wear them and THEY DONT WEAR YOU! 


Prep it up. Stay trendy!

No comments:

Post a Comment